Thursday 30 December 2010

PARTY...CELEBRATE!

Well hope you've all had a fab Christmas...i've had a quite one but nice....and after the New year celebrations we will all be getting back to normal (is there a normal...lol) :0).
First card after Christmas is for the weekly Thursday release over at WHIMSY STAMPS for Meljen Designs....Melissa's come up with another five fab digital images this week it was so hard for me to decide which one i wanted to play with :0)...in the finish i went with the "Birthday cupcake",this could also be used to celebrate the New year....hence the sentiment i've used which is also available from WHIMSY STAMPS from the "Circle Postmark Sentiments"...the inside of the card can then read either "it's your Birthday" or "it's New year".
I've used Copic markers and Prisma's as my colouring medium and added lots of glamour dust for plenty of sparkle.....i've also added tiny self adhesive pearls to the topping on the cupcake.
The stars have been cut using a Spellbinders star die set and have also been glamour dusted around the edge before layering with 3d foam pads for alittle dimension.
The shaped base card was cut using a Go Kreate die and the image was cut using a Spellbinders labels die.

I'm also entering this card into SIMON SAY'S STAMP CHALLENGE....where this week the theme is "Time to party/Celebrate.

Well that's about it for now...hope you all have a lovely day,
Take care


11 comments:

BA said...

Hi San
this is jsut stunning, love your wonderful cupacke
happy new year
xoxo BA

Joey said...

Hiya San

this is gorgeous, I love this colour, you have made that cupcake look so ediable!

Joey xxx

Juls said...

such a fun card..Love it!!! Love all the pearls you have added to the cake!!! Fabulous! Hugs Juls

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! (picking mouth off the floor!) This is amazing!! I love the orange colors in this, the sparkle and the popped out portions!! So GORGEOUS!! TFS! :)

Sonia said...

San I'm pleased to hear that you had a lovely Christmas, just a beautifully made card. I likey these Go create dies might have to save my pennies of some of these lol..
Have a wonderful New Year.
Hugs Sonia xx

D K Crafts said...

Hi Sandra. Beautiful card. Love the colours and the image is gorgeous. Loving the sparkles and pearls. Glad you had a good Christmas and Best Wishes for the New Year. Donna

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sandra,I love the image and the colours.

Happy New Year.
Hugs Riet.x

sallysbitz2 said...

This is gorgeous x

I love your shaped card. I have invested in the Spellbinders Callibar, can you tell me how you managed to do this shaped card. Is the shape both sides ? Did you have to mount it on another card?

I have been playing but cannot faddom it out xx

mulberry station said...

Wow San, this is gorgeous!! i love your cards and I have something on my blog for you!
Nancy SSW

Jane said...

This is gorgeous!!! love the colours sparkle! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, hugs, Jane xxx

annewalker said...

That is a fabulous and fantastic creation. Whatta gorgeous card. Love the sweet cupcake with candles. The colors are a delight of it.

New Year 2014 is almost here, allow me to express my happy new year greetings to you and your family!
Anne Walker xoxox @
http://messages.365greetings.com/holiday/new-year/new-year-wishes.html